Labor & Employment Law | Mediation | “Outside” General Counsel Services
“Outside” General Counsel Services
Many companies cannot afford to hire full-time in-house counsel but still need ongoing legal advice related to operations, human resources and customer relationships. Likewise, companies that do have in-house counsel are very busy and stretched thin with resources. The Law Offices of Michelle Gessner, PLLC provides “outside” general counsel services by working closely with members of senior management, in-house attorneys and other outside counsel in a cost-efficient manner.
For more than a decade, Michelle has helped Fortune 500 companies streamline their litigation portfolio to more effectively manage its resources. Further, she has managed difficult class action and/or multi party cases to successful results or resolutions for her clients. She has a proven track record of implementing programs which include some the following:
- Establish early case resolution process, procedures and format
- Train and develop inhouse team on setting legal reserves
- Reduction of number of law firms to achieve better results and cost savings
- Establish early case warning systems by identifying trends of claims/litigation
- Producing reports to business partners to show value and help to mitigate risk before litigation happens
Labor & Employment Law
The Law Offices of Michelle Gessner PLLC has extensive experience in a wide range of federal and state statutory, regulatory and common law rules that govern employer/employee relations, including:
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Uniform Trade Secret Act (UTSA)
Mediation, or alternative dispute resolution (ADR), is a way of resolving legal conflicts without litigation. Litigation is not always the best option in a dispute, and it certainly isn’t the only option. Michelle Gessner is a NCDRC Certified Superior Court mediator and has been in both the plaintiffs’ and defendants’ seats during mediations. With her substantial in-house career she has developed great skills at influencing others and helping them to reach a resolution which satisfies the interests of all involved.
Michelle has helped her corporate clients resolve significant litigation and other disputes without the expense and time involved typical proceedings. She has extensive expertise in evaluating when a form of ADR is in the best interest of clients, and she routinely advises clients on the legal consequences of the terms and conditions of all ADR options. She also counsels employers on the best contract language for ensuring mediation and ADR are an option for dispute resolution.
This list is not comprehensive so please call me or send an email to discuss your legal needs.
If I can’t help you, I will know someone who can regardless of subject matter or venue.